Tweens and teens in the kitchen
Tweens and teens are independent, busy, and bringing their friends home.
- To make life easier in the main kitchen, locate your pantry out of the flow of traffic, and store quick-fix meals towards the front to avoid congestion.
- A side-by-side refrigerator with ice and water in the door is convenient. Be sure to keep drinking cups next to the fridge.
- Install a warming drawer in your base cabinets to keep meals ready for kids eating in shifts.
- Consider installing a second, smaller kitchen in a family or recreation room. (You can use it as a wet bar later or as a prep kitchen for those big holiday dinners with the grandkids much later.) This kitchen cabinet design could have
- a sink
- a small refrigerator
- a microwave
- a pizza oven
- a small dishwasher
- an ice maker
- pantry space for quick-fix meals and snacks.