Entertain family and friends
Whether your entertaining style is a casual potluck, a martini mixer, or a formal dinner party, you’ll want your guests to feel at home without feeling in the way.
- When designing your home
- Maintain a great room effect between the kitchen and the living room so that nothing is closed off.
- Install a whole-house stereo system with speakers hidden in your kitchen cabinets.
- Keep serving utensils near the serving area for easy access.
- Make the most of an island or peninsula
- Place electrical outlets toward the back to keep cords from crock-pots and warming trays out of the way.
- Install a sink located out of the cook’s way
- Install a separate ice-maker under the island counter for preparing beverages.
- Seating around the island is a must.
- Use swivel bar stools without backs so guests can visit in various directions during meal prep
- Tuck the stools under and out of the way for serving.
- You could also have a raised bar area for standing.